Sixth Sunday of Easter: 25 May 2014



Reading 1: Acts 8:5-8, 14-17
5Philip went down to a city of Sama'ria, and proclaimed to them the Christ. 6And the multitudes with one accord gave heed to what was said by Philip, when they heard him and saw the signs which he did. 7For unclean spirits came out of many who were possessed, crying with a loud voice; and many who were paralyzed or lame were healed. 8So there was much joy in that city. 14Now when the apostles at Jerusalem heard that Sama'ria had received the word of God, they sent to them Peter and John, 15who came down and prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit; 16for it had not yet fallen on any of them, but they had only been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 17Then they laid their hands on them and they received the Holy Spirit.


Responsorial Psalm: Ps. 66:1-3, 4-5, 6-7, 16, 20
R. Let all the earth cry out to God with joy.
Shout joyfully to God, all the earth,
sing praise to the glory of his name;
proclaim his glorious praise.
Say to God, "How tremendous are your deeds!"

R. Let all the earth cry out to God with joy.
"Let all on earth worship and sing praise to you,
sing praise to your name!"
Come and see the works of God,
his tremendous deeds among the children of Adam.

R. Let all the earth cry out to God with joy.
He has changed the sea into dry land;
through the river they passed on foot;
therefore let us rejoice in him.
He rules by his might forever.

R. Let all the earth cry out to God with joy.
Hear now, all you who fear God, while I declare
what he has done for me.
Blessed be God who refused me not
my prayer or his kindness!

R. Let all the earth cry out to God with joy.


Second Reading: 1 Peter 3:15-18
15but in your hearts reverence Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to make a defense to any one who calls you to account for the hope that is in you, yet do it with gentleness and reverence; 16and keep your conscience clear, so that, when you are abused, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame. 17For it is better to suffer for doing right, if that should be God's will, than for doing wrong. 18For Christ also died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit;


Gospel: John 14:15-21
15"If you love me, you will keep my commandments. 16And I will pray the Father, and he will give you another Counselor, to be with you for ever, 17even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him; you know him, for he dwells with you, and will be in you. 18"I will not leave you desolate; I will come to you. 19Yet a little while, and the world will see me no more, but you will see me; because I live, you will live also. 20In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you. 21He who has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me; and he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him."

"In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you. He who has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me; and he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.""

That chunk, it gives me, courage. Why courage? Because it takes courage to be able to Love the Father even though you might have sinned so much, and I might not have been able to forgive myself sometimes... and because it also takes courage to understand and to accept the Father's Love.

Sometimes, it's hard to think that He's already there... Like beside us. Like when I first heard that Jesus died and risen again on the third day, I was like, "What What What???" I was still a wee little toddler then, and so I didn't understand.

But as the years went by, I slowly thought about it, and it did take courage for me to accept it. Without the courage, I wouldn't be here, posting these stuff. Much less be in the Catholic Church.

The last line about manifestation. It's a bit hard to understand so my question will be: When he manifests to you, what do you think he will manifest himself as?

I'll think about that too... but I wonder if anyone wants to answer in the comments :P

Anyways, here are another 2 songs which were sung today.

1. Resucito (He is Risen)
Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLlQQig5gio
(They were singing in Spanish, but we were singing the verses in English)

Refrain:
Resucitó, resucitó, resucitó, aleluya.
Aleluya, aleluya, aleluya, resucitó.
Final: Aleluya.

Verses
1. And death now, vanished is the fear now,
banished are my tears now,
death has passed away.

2. The kingdom, praise to God, the kingdom!
Raised up to the kingdom,
we shall live in love.

3. Our gladness, blessful in our gladness,
this will be our gladness,
that he is alive.

4. With him then, die and live with him then,
rise and sing our hymn then,
sing alleluia.

Estrofas
1. La muerte ¿dónde está la muerte?
¿Dónde está mi muerte?
¿Dónde su victoria?

2. Gracias sean dadas al Padre
que nos pasó a su reino
donde se vive de amor.

3. Alegría, alegría hermanos,
que si hoy nos queremos
es que resucitó.

4. Si con Él morimos, con Él vivimos,
con Él cantamos. ¡Aleluya!



2. Bread, Blessed and Broken
Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiM8CsWpbAY

Vs. 1:
Jesus, You’re the one I love; You’re the one I know.
You’re the one who makes me strong, Spirit in my soul. (To Vs2)

Vs. 2:
From the clouds of yesterday, through the night of pain,
teach me, Lord, to know Your way, know it once again. (To Refrain)

(Refrain)
Bread, blessed and broken for us all,
symbol of Your love from the grain so tall.
Bread, blessed and broken for us all,
bread of life You give to us, bread of life for all.

Vs. 3:
May the bread we break today, may the cup we share,
lift the burdens of our hearts, lift them ev’rywhere. (To Vs4)

Vs. 4:
Passing on to each of us a measure of Your love,
love to make us whole again, as we share Your Word. (To Refrain)

Vs. 5:
Jesus, You’re the one I love; You’re the one I know.
You’re the one who makes me strong, Spirit in my soul. (Fine)



Here's an extension, but remember the song we were attempting to sing yesterday? It can be found on Breaking Bread 2014. But all the ones I've ever sung to were only to keyboard accompaniments :P

Here's the lyrics so we can remember.

Breaking Bread 2014 Hymn 614 - Your Grace is Enough
Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpYtYYaTFGQ


Great is Your faithfulness oh God
You wrestle with the sinner's heart
You lead us by still waters and to mercy
And nothing can keep us apart

So remember Your people
Remember Your children
Remember Your promise
Oh God

Your grace is enough
Your grace is enough
Your grace is enough for me

Great is Your love and justice God
You use the weak to lead the strong
You lead us in the song of Your salvation
And all Your people sing along

So remember Your people
Remember Your children
Remember Your promise
Oh God

Your grace is enough
Your grace is enough
Your grace is enough for me [x2]

So remember Your people
Remember Your children
Remember Your promise
Oh God

Your grace is enough
Your grace is enough
Your grace is enough for me

Your grace is enough
Heaven reaching down to us
Your grace is enough for me
God I see your grace is enough
I'm covered in your love
Your grace is enough for me
For me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Common Beliefs 2 - 9 May 2017

A New Era - 1 June 2015

The Mass - 18 February 2016