Thursday 31 July 2014 Reflections

Well... How long has it been? a looong time. I'm back. Yes, as Didacus Paschalis. I'll be posting up last week's stuff:

Seventeenth Sunday in Ordinary Time
1st Reading: 1 Kings 3:5, 7-12
5At Gibeon the LORD appeared to Solomon in a dream by night; and God said, "Ask what I shall give you." 7And now, O LORD my God, thou hast made thy servant king in place of David my father, although I am but a little child; I do not know how to go out or come in. 8And thy servant is in the midst of thy people whom thou hast chosen, a great people, that cannot be numbered or counted for multitude. 9Give thy servant therefore an understanding mind to govern thy people, that I may discern between good and evil; for who is able to govern this thy great people?" 10It pleased the Lord that Solomon had asked this. 11And God said to him, "Because you have asked this, and have not asked for yourself long life or riches or the life of your enemies, but have asked for yourself understanding to discern what is right, 12behold, I now do according to your word. Behold, I give you a wise and discerning mind, so that none like you has been before you and none like you shall arise after you.
2nd Reading: Romans 8:28-30
28We know that in everything God works for good with those who love him, who are called according to his purpose. 29For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the first-born among many brethren. 30And those whom he predestined he also called; and those whom he called he also justified; and those whom he justified he also glorified.
Gospel: Matthew 13:44-52
44"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and covered up; then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field. 45"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls, 46who, on finding one pearl of great value, went and sold all that he had and bought it. 47"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a net which was thrown into the sea and gathered fish of every kind; 48when it was full, men drew it ashore and sat down and sorted the good into vessels but threw away the bad. 49So it will be at the close of the age. The angels will come out and separate the evil from the righteous, 50and throw them into the furnace of fire; there men will weep and gnash their teeth. 51"Have you understood all this?" They said to him, "Yes." 52And he said to them, "Therefore every scribe who has been trained for the kingdom of heaven is like a householder who brings out of his treasure what is new and what is old."
Todays' Gospel relates to my feelings yesterday. Why I say so, it's because I will not be coming for the next 3 months until the end of my Finals in September - October. It's hard to leave, but I have been already instructed my parents to leave so yeah.
Well, I'd say that is because in the parable, both the man and the merchant would sell everything everything to get whatever they want, and for me, I can tell you, if I could, I would surrender everything I have to even go for any session, because each session I learn something new.
Over the past 7 months or so with you, I have really learnt a lot, and this place has become a refuge for me, as always look forward for sessions, especially after a bad week. And it's over here, that I always really consider whether to join the priesthood, I'm still discerning, but I do hope I find the answer soon.
And as I leave you today, I want all of you, to continue living as a child of the Light and a child of Christ, living His commands and through His guidance, endure whatever that comes your way.
Remember, this is not the end, but I'll be back soon! I promise!
Always Praying for you 
Pax Et Bonum
P.S. Sec 2s on PA, Good Luck and may you have a good journey ahead.
Sec 3s, Have fun!
Sec 4s, Good luck for Os
Post-Secondary / IP or IB or whatever, Continue to pray for guidance throughout your education!


Well now... back to practicing for feast day 11am Archbishop's mass.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Common Beliefs 2 - 9 May 2017

A New Era - 1 June 2015

The Mass - 18 February 2016